(this was soo good I almost ate the sauce with the spoon alone!!)
Recipe adjusted from OhSheGlows
Cooking time: 30 min
1 serving, adjust to taste if necessary.
· 1 cup of cauliflower florets
· 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
· 1 minced garlic clove (to taste)
· 1/2 cup unsweetened and unflavoured almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
· 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
· 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 small onion
· Sea salt to taste
· Pepper to taste
· Fettuccine pasta of choice (to make it gluten free use gluten free pasta!)
· Fresh parsley/basil/rosemary
· Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
· Meanwhile, add the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic and onions over low heat for 2-4 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
· In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic & onions, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms. The key here is to get a really smooth sauce so don’t be afraid to let it run for a minute or so. Set aside.
· Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your desired amount of pasta and boil for the time instructed on the package. Drain pasta.
· Add cauliflower sauce into the pot (you can use the same pot!) and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated enough to your liking. Salt again to taste (the pasta dilutes the flavour).
· Serve with fresh minced parsley/rosemary/basil and black pepper. Feel free to add in your favourite sauteed or roasted vegetables.